Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lots of fun to share!

I know that most of you keep up with stuff that happens on facebook, so I really don't feel the need to have to blog much these days. But I do miss the writing...the sharing...etc. I don't really like eblog as much as I did blogging on myspace, because on myspace, I could see how many hits I had, people could comment...and it was just more interesting to me. Here, I just feel like I'm talking to myself!

I've been wanting to share this story since Easter. Jakes first Easter at Grandma's was alot of fun. My favorite moment though was when he became way too curious about the platter of ham that was in front of him as he sat on his daddy's lap.



He stared at this platter for so long. It was as if he just couldn't figure out exactly what this strange flat pink stuff was! Plus, it smelled pretty scrumptious! He just kept looking and looking...and got closer and closer....



We were all getting quite the kick out of it...and what I didn't record (and I take pics of everything when it comes to Jake) was when he reached out to touch it. At that point, he wasn't really reaching much, so we got excited that he was reaching. It was after dinner, so it wasn't hot, so he reached out and grabbed at a piece. He didn't take it, but he played with it for awhile. Then...he did what he always does...he put his hand in his mouth. He was so startled by the taste, he started to cry. I mean really cry! It was like he was saying, "What happened to my hand??? Why does it taste that way! I don't like it! Help!!!!" LOL...poor Jake. That was his first taste of real food, and he was not a fan!

Of course, since then...he has started cereal, baby fruit and baby veggies. Guess what? He definitely is a fan! Today I let him try out my Ritz cracher (suck, not chew) and he seemed to like it okay. He really loved his cereal, sweet potatoes and bananas tonight! He even drank water out of a water bottle!





Not to mention he's a hoot in restaurants! Here he is at Si Senor after him and his mommy picked us up at the airport.




My little man is growing up so fast, and developing this awesome personality! Today I heard him laugh for the first time, and it was so awesome! He is a cute little bundle of joy....who just isn't so little anymore. I relish every minute that I get to spend with him and I know he knows that his Grandma loves him very much!!

1 comment:

  1. Google "stuff for my blog" and get a guest counter. Then you will see how many hits you have! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete