Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spiders fly!

I haven't blogged in a while.  But, I have to share this harrowing story of the spider that can fly!

At work, they are cleaning the carpet this weekend.  So we have to move everything into a non carpeted area.  Chair mats, stuff under the desk, etc.  No big deal.  I did this on my way out.  When I got in the car, situating my phone, my glasses, my a/c, I noticed a small icky brown and black spider on my scrub shirt! I brushed it off.  First instinct, of course, never thinking of the consequences.

I'm on my way to visit my friend, and I'm on the phone with her when the same said little spider jumps on the steering wheel.  Jumps? From the floor? Huh? Well, this time, screaming was in order. Scared the crap out of me! I'm screaming and swinging at it with  my phone, swerving as I drive.  I can hear my friend yelling in the phone...SANDY!!!!  I'm sure she assumed the worst, and not the attack of the flying spider.  I was all hysterical of course, and she was irritated.  I got off the phone, onto the freeway and tried to...breath.

When my pulse calmed down a bit, I went to make another call.  I know....always on the phone when I'm driving.  I picked up the phone, and went to put my hand on the stick shift...and the flying spider landed on it!  The blood curdling scream I let out even scared me!  I'm pretty sure it lasted for more than a minute! My raw throat after ward proves it!  Again, I start whaling at it, and flicked it over to the other side of the car.  My breathing was labored, I was sweating...throat hurt, I was sure I was going to have a heart attack.  No! I would not let the spider kill me.  It was the size of a dime for heavens sake! Brown, with some black...hairy. UGLY. TERRIFYING!  Worse, it was still alive...and still in my car!!

I'm worried that it may have landed in my purse.  I'm afraid to look.  Maybe I gave it a heart attack! Maybe...well, I have to stop thinking about it.  The possibilities are endless.  None, which are good, unless the word 'dead' is in it.

I  re-posted a post the other day that said, "Aren't you glad spiders don't fly?'  I'm here to tell you that yes they do.  Spiders fly. Taunt.  Maybe even maim.   Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment