Saturday, March 6, 2010

The far-away Grandmother



I feel that I've been remiss in not writing a blog about our new little granddaughter. Her name is Jessica Jinghree and she is a total cutie.

I've seen pictures of her, of course, that Meghann, Tony, and Nancy post on facebook. I hear tales of how fast she is growing through Bill (Grandpa), that Meghann tells him. I know she's there, and I know she's cute and I know I love her already...but I do't know her.

I am so glad that Grandpa got to go and bond with his little munchkin. He got to hold her at two weeks old, and feed her, and love on her. Even as grandparents, we need that bonding time, the time to fall in love, and kiss their heads (my favorite part) and smell them and laugh at their babiness...and be in awe at the new parents as they learn their new roles.

I am so excited to meet Jess next month. I love looking at pics, and looking at little girl clothes, and hearing the stories....but I want to see her for myself...and create that bond. I love her mommy and am so excited to hear what a wonderful job she's doing, and happy that she is a wonderful mother...and can't wait to see it for myself!!

I guess this blog is for Jesscia. I may not know you, but I love you and can't wait to hold your cuteness in my arms!! See you in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment