Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blogging again

It took me forever to get this blog up and ready for action.  But here I am.  I feel like I have so much to say, and just really don't know where to start.  I guess I'll start with the most exciting....I'm going to be a grandma!  In three weeks!  I feel like I've waited all my life for this moment, even though, really, I have no idea what to expect!
I had two grandmothers growing up.  Grandma Delfina, and Grandma Adela.  That's not really what I called them, they were just plain Grandma.  They were important parts of my life, but not constant ones.  They were people who came to visit, or we visited them.  I hear tales from my cousins who lived by/with them, and it's such a different memory for them.  Something I can't imagine, but totally envy.  I want to be that person for my grandchildren.  A part of their lives, one they will always remember! One who went to their school plays, sports, fun lunches and dates, and everything else that is important to them.  I'm up for the challenge!  
Of course, this is primarily for my grandson, Jake, as Meghann, Tony and Jessic
a live in Connecticut.  We hope and pray everyday that they move here though!  I know Bill would be in heaven if that happened, as would I.  But in the meantime, we will concentrate on Jake and babysit, bake (yes, I said bake) visit and when he gets a little older, make many, many memories with.  I hope the same can be said for Jessica...even from afar!  

There is so much happening in our lives right now.  Bill has been out of work for four months and has started back to work!  This is such a blessing!  It has been a hard road to hoe, in so many different ways, but I think we will finally
 get things back on the right track.  We may have fallen off track a little, but we didn't totally derail, and luckily, by the grace of God, did not crash!  He's loving his job so far, and we can just hope that this is the place for him for a long time to come!  Thanks to all of you for all your support, thoughts and prayers.  We couldn't have done it without you.
I guess that's it for now.  I just want to tell the story of my title, "Life is a roller coaster..."  When Bill and I got engaged, I sent him a card before we got married that asked him if he was ready for his life to change.  Life with me, I said, was a wild roller coaster ride...filled with ups and downs, fast and crazy, always going in all different directions!  I haven't disappointed him!  To this day, almost nine years later, he still will say from time to time, "You really weren't kidding when you said life with you was going to be a roller coaster!"  
No, my dear husband, I really wasn't.  What a ride it is!

2 comments: